In these uncertain times, the health and safety of our colleagues, exhibitors, visitors and suppliers is of paramount importance to RX Global, organisers of JWS.
Our trade exhibitions are well-ordered market places for conducting business and commerce where we are able to affect conditions, settings and situations through a consistent and coherent programme of safeguards and precautionary measures.
We have joined forces with our venue, Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC), and the relevant local authorities as part of JWS’s collaborative response to the COVID-19 emergency.
Our 5-point (safety) plan focuses on:
- Collaborating with all relevant parties
- Dynamic risk management and staying alert to the COVID-19 risks we face
- Planning around roles and responsibilities; safeguards and precautionary measures; and for possible COVID-19 emergencies
- Pre-show and in-show communications using a variety of mediums
- Baseline and incremental show-setting, hygiene and medical safeguards and precautionary
Our 5-point plan reflects up-to-the-minute (public) health guidance and directions from the relevant authorities alongside (continuously developing) industry best and good practice.
Responding effectively to the risks of Covid-19 is however, is a shared responsibility and we would ask you all to play your part in ensuring JWS remains as safe as possible.
Important Visitor Information
Only vaccinated attendees with a negative PCR test valid for not more than 48hrs, are allowed to access the event. Please click here for the full guidelines for entering events in Abu Dhabi.
In that respect, Reed Exhibitions asks that you abide by our admissions policy set out below.
Please do not attend the event if you:
- Are showing COVID-19 symptoms including a febrile temperature of above 37.8°C; a new continuous cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; and / or the loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste;
- Have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14-days;
- Have come into close contact with a high risk or infected person within the last 14-days;
- Have travelled from or through a ‘watchlist’ state or country – you could be quarantined on arrival here in United Arab Emirates and / or on your return to your home state or country.
Our onsite medical team will respond to anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms in line with the directions issued by the relevant authorities.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms away from the event, you should contact the relevant local authorities and see below:
- Please (re)consider attending the event if you are in anyway vulnerable to COVID-19 particularly if you suffer from an underlying health condition.
- Please practice good (respiratory) hygiene at all times during the event using the sanitising gels readily available throughout the venue.
- The wearing of facemasks is mandatory at all times during the event and in all areas of the venue. All those attending are required to wear facemasks. Attendees are asked to bring their own masks, although stocks of facemasks, disposable gloves and sanitising gel will be available on sale in the venue and made available for strict emergencies.
- Please observe physical distancing rules leaving at least 2m between yourself and others.
- Please cooperate with our security, stewards and medical teams – be patient, they are there for your safety and wellbeing.
It will become quickly apparent that we and our partners have introduced a raft of precautionary measures for your safety and wellbeing including:
a. Show-setting measures:
- Staggered admissions whilst limiting day-to-day attendance numbers
- Increasing floor space, aisle widths and exhibitor stand footprints
- Public health / public information messaging throughout
- Improved ventilation, air purification, air conditioning and temperature control
- Physical distancing measures including floor markers, seating and where necessary, one-way footfall, barriers and minimal queueing
- Prohibitions – we ask that you avoid:
- Shaking hands
- Handling demonstrator models
- Food and beverage sampling
b. Hygiene measures:
- Intensive in-hours and out-of-hours cleaning, sanitisation and disinfection of all public areas throughout the event period
- Strengthened food hygiene
c. Medical measures:
- Medical questionnaires, self-declarations and identity checking – if you’ve not already done so as part of (pre)registration, you will be asked to provide track-and-trace personal data and may be required to verify your identity on admission
- Non-invasive thermo-screening at the venue entrance
- Sanitising stations throughout the venue
- Card-only payments and person-to-person screening
- Mandatory wearing of face masks
- Continuous COVID-19 monitoring by our strengthened on-site medical team
We would ask you to comply with all safeguards and precautionary measures. Anyone not complying will be asked to leave the event.
Be patient and remain safe, respect other people’s rights to their own safety and wellbeing and above all, make JWS a safe environment.
Health & Safety Notice
Your health is our foremost priority. The event will be delivered with strict standards of health and safety precautionary measures including temperature screening, social distancing, contactless transactions and general hygiene protocols. We encourage all guests to exercise social responsibility
If you are experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, feeling unwell or symptoms of COVD-19 in the 14 days leading up to the event, you are advised to seek medical attention and not attend the event.
Visitors are required to register online and print their badge before arriving at the event. Register online here.