1. Can a professional jewelry designer join the competition?
The competition is for non-professionals.
2. Can a non-UAE resident join the competition?
We will open a category for non-residence, at the moment the jewelry competition is for residence of UAE and Emirati.
3. Where will the program take place? In Dubai or Abu Dhabi?
Abu dhabi (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center)
4. When will the submission start/end?
You can submit your design until April 25th 2017
5. What is the website link EBDA'A?
6. What is the Ebda’a Instagram account?
7. What is the Ebda’a Facebook account?
8. Do you only accept hand-drawn designs or do you also accept computer generated drawings (drawn by Photoshop, Illustrator etc)?
We accept both
9. Is the drawing supposed to be A4?
10. Should the drawing also have a text (description)?
11. Should the design be real size?
12. What kind of metal do I need to use? Is it all supposed to be gold?
Precious metal only
13. Any specification for the size of stone/pearl?
14. Do I have to bring the hard copy designs in your office or by email?
15. Can you tell me more about the measurements of the designs?
The Jewellery piece needs to be light and wearable
16. Can I do more if i have so many ideas for design
Yes and you participate in all categories
17. I don't draw well, i that possible to let someone else drawing for me?
It’s ok, we grade design not the quality of drawing.
18. What is the benefit in participating Ebdaa?
Winners will get the chance to actually learn how to do it professionally.
19. What are the categories?
Pear design, Glamour design, and Contemporary Emirati Design
20. Does it have to be colored?
It can be colored or without color
21. Does it have to be a set (necklace, ring, earrings) or one piece only?
Preferably a set